Glacier Valley Transit provides fare free public transportation within the in Girdwood Valley.
GVT is private a non-profit, 501c (3), corporation funded by 5311 Rural Transportation grant funds from the Federal Transit Authority and The Alaska Department of Transportation.
How to Ride
- The seats in the front of the bus are reserved for senior citizens and disabled passengers.
- Please keep your equipment under control with sharp points and edges pointed down and away from other riders. When boarding the buses, please allow exiting passengers off first.
- Please remain seated until the bus has stopped, then hold onto the rails when heading down the steps out the door.
- Passengers with disabilities may request modifications to current service procedures to access the service. To make a request, please call us at 907-382-9909 or e-mail us at email@example.com. Please submit requests at least the day before the trip.
- All buses are wheel chair accessible. Lifts have a capacity of 600-1000 pounds. Please call a day ahead to schedule if you wheel chairis over 600 lbs.
Glacier Valley Transit benefits everyone in the Girdwood community!
- We provide an affordable and reliable travel choice that helps reduce traffic and increase economic activity.
- We enhance the mobility of Girdwood by delivering workers, residents and visitors to their destinations.
- We contribute to the economic vitality of Girdwood. Studies show that for every dollar invested in local public transportation, nearly five dollars of economic benefits are returned to the community.